Tuesday 24 July 2012

DEEP CONDITIONING!


Hello everyone,

Yes I do remember that the last time, before I went on my short break I was to tell you how I condition my hair.

Deep conditioning as I previously mentioned is very important for natural hair and it should be preferably done at least every month. Deep conditioning helps strengthen & moisturise the hair.

I do my deep conditioning every 2weeks to a month and usually my ingredients include:

  1. Honey (Kenya has some of the best honey in the world, so better utilize it good J)
  2. Coconut Oil (you can substitute with coconut milk)
  3. Shea leave in conditioner
  4. Fragrance free conditioner
  5. Sometimes I add in some aloe Vera mix.

I mix all the ingredients in a bowl and part my hair methodically while applying the mix, after applying it every inch of my hair, I cover my head with a shower cap, and a scarf/leso on top then let it sit for 2hrs to 3hrs, after which I wash it all off, and finish with a cold water rinse. My hair pops and shines like something else J
Example

Two other things people have sworn about before in their list of ingredients are avocado and bananas. Avocados help repairing damaged hair and making it shine, and also make the texture softer while bananas soften hair.



I have tried using avocado before (as is in the case of the photos below where I added avocado in the mix above) and just a word of caution is, if you want to use either of the fruits, please ensure that you blend them nicely using a blender, and ensure that you choose good fruits especially the avocadoes because some of them can be stringy and leave avocado strands in your hair.


In my experience when I used the avocado, I didn’t have a blender and decided to just mash manually, and also the avocado was the stringy type, o the horror! I spent close to an hour removing the pieces of avocado from my hair after the final rinse. I swore to never do that again, well at least till I get a blender. (That is the reason I don't have photos of me during this session)


Please let me know how do you do your deep conditioning? What are the ingredients you use?



Live, Love,Laugh,
Its only Natural
Natural Toto

No comments:

Post a Comment