Wednesday 14 November 2012

Hairspiration: Dallah Dallah


I met Miss Dallah Dallah online (via facebook) and this lady has what I call Fwyaah hair. She has a BEAUTIFUL head of hair and I love how she is open to experiment with styles which always come out beautiful!


Dallah is not only a beautiful head of hair, she is also an inspiring young woman, who plays many roles in her life, and also makes time to run causes for the community like creating awareness on Leprosy and those affected in our community.

She took the time to tell us abit about herself and her hair journey and here goes;


1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, who you are what you do/involved in?
My name is Dallah, the Big Boss at Kenchic!!! Ok kidding, well, I’m a color n scarf sucker, Pink stan for life (have you seen her new video ‘TRY’?) very vocal and ‘occasional’ weird girl.
I’m a publicist, a creative, stylist, once a writer and an aspiring radio/TV presenter. I love media n all its pros n cons.


2. How long have you been natural?
Since 05’ n honestly if wishes were horses, we would not have weaves!!!

3. What has the journey being like for you?
My natural hair journey started forcefully when I had to cut down my well relaxed hair coz of school in Uganda. It was sad n believe it or not I collected my fallen hair and kept them the whole term in my locker! (Told you I’m weird) With time though, I started liking my new look n since then, I never looked back. I finally found what I had been missing with my hair.

4. What is your regimen like?
Honestly, I love rugged, uncombed hair. I wash my hair daily as I shower with conditioner (shampoo dries out hair esp. if washed daily) then spray olive oil sheen n voila! Once in while do box braids, cornrows or random styles that I tend to forget how I did them.


5. How is your hair perceived in your workplace?
In the Entertainment industry it’s really not a big deal, your creativity and personality is seen through such. We are allowed to go all cray so long as it reflects on your work positively I guess.

6. What do you think of the natural scene in Kenya?
I love that it’s growing, more n more peeps are embracing their natural real beauty but every style works differently for every person. One should identify what works for them than do something coz it’s trending.

7. What is your favorite natural hair style and why?
I never go wrong with a fro. Lately I’m loving the school girl cornrows

8. What do you love most about your hair?
That it’s black n shiny even without feeding it well n that I got it from my papa.

9. What do you hate most about your hair?
That it grows fast. Sometimes I just want it to maintain a certain length…

10. If you were asked to convince someone to go natural, what’s one thing you would tell her?
In a world full of evolving trends, you’ll never go wrong being a classic!
cornrows and scarf wrap

blow out/dry

hair balls (i lovey!)

another blow out/dry

afro puff




To catch up with Miss Dallah follow her blog: Dallahz

PS: click on the images to enlarge.

Live, Love,Laugh,
Its only Natural
Natural Toto
























3 comments:

  1. Thank you toto :-)I'm humbled by the knind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks toto....really anxious to see the effects of the black soap....plus i had my big chop after my wedding in November 2012...witnessed by my husband...was tough at first, my hair's really tangly...even bought a wig...wore it for 3days...dint work...then i suddenly realised how beautiful my afro is...so i threw the wig and i now spot my afro with my headheld high...i even get envious stares at my hair :-)

    ReplyDelete