Tuesday 9 October 2012

Hair Steps: 1 month

Hey,

So guess what, my hair just turned one month today!!!!

Yay…

It has grown maybe just half an inch or so. But glad with the progress whatsoever. Am so glad that my hair is looking really healthy too and I have been getting the “you have good hair” comments, to which I usually reply you do too!!! You probably just have to take care of it better.


I have notice however that my hair is growing funny, sort of like a baby's, in that its growing a lot in the middle and not enough on the sides and at the back. I have to figure out something to do about that. I have also being experiencing minor breakage and the hair is a bit tough.

The thing however is that I have not come up with a proper hair care regimen as of yet. I have just been observing the hair to see how it behaves so I can come up with a good regimen. So now that I have done that in the past month, I will be coming up with a regimen by the end of this week which I will share with you. I definitely know it will involve a lot of conditioning, co-washes, treatment and a trimming when I get to my sixth week, as I notice now that my barber didn’t cut my hair well as I have some stray strands popping out…. and they are bone straight!


At the moment I have just been combing my hair out as it is really low maintenance. But over the weekend I was playing with my hair (fingers in hair syndrome) and started doing little finger coils, which actually ended up looking really cool and wore them the whole weekend. I went to a birthday party and I got complimented for them. Cool!!! On Monday as I was going to work I uncoiled them and had like a coil-out or something… and it came out cool too!!! So I went to work with it, but my head became itchy and I washed it when I got home and pap… my coils went away. And unfortunately I didn’t get any photos Sad smile!!! But planning to repeat the routine this weekend and this time I will share the outcome.

Anyway so yes, my hair which is like an inch and a half now can manage little styles like coil-outs and cornrows?

Live, Love,Laugh,
Its only Natural
Natural Toto

No comments:

Post a Comment